The festive season is all about having fun with friends and family and enjoying delicious food! Jo shares her top 5 tips for staying on track with your health and fitness journey through Christmas and New Years.
1. There are 1440 minutes in each day. Take 30 minutes for yourself and move your body! Jo loves a full body strength session, weighted vest power walk or a cycle ride with her family.
2. Enjoy staying active with your friends and family. Play a game of touch football with your children or challenge your siblings for a match of table tennis! Arrange to meet friends for a beautiful beach walk, swim at the pool or even start a post-dinner dance party!
3. It’s perfectly ok to indulge in holiday treats and festivities, but try to do so in moderation. Practice portion control and choose indulgences wisely. Remember you can enjoy tasty cuts of meat, fresh fish, delicious and colourful salads that will also align with your health values. When drinking alcohol; keep a glass of water close by to stay hydrated!
4. Get ahead on your New Year resolutions and take the time to write down your health and fitness goals for 2024. Be sure to make your goals SMART! Specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and timebound.
5. There is nothing more precious than time with your loved ones this Christmas. Remember the key to maintaining your fitness and health during the holiday period is balance. Enjoy the season and our fabulous SCCC team look forward to seeing you all in 2024!