Staying disciplined with health and fitness during the winter can be a challenge due to the colder weather / dark mornings. However, with the right mindset and strategies, you can stay on track. Here are some tips from Jo to keep crushing those goals through this time.
1. Set specific goals: Define your health and fitness goals for the winter season. Whether it’s maintaining your current fitness level, losing weight, or building strength, having clear objectives will give you something to work towards.
2. Create a workout schedule: Get those workouts locked in advance and establish a regular exercise routine. Decide on the days and times that work best for you and stick to them. Treat your workouts as non-negotiable appointments just like a business meeting or a doctor’s check-up.
3. Explore the Group Fitness timetable at SCCC! We offer a wide range of workout options and formats, such as Zumba, yoga, boot camp, spin classes, pilates, boxing and more. This variety will help keep you engaged and prevents boredom, making the workout sessions more enjoyable and fun. Get involved in the June Group Fitness Challenge! How many classes can you attend throughout June?
4. Is your workout challenging you? We need to be challenged to change. Check in with one of our instructors to chat about your current training programme. We can offer progressed or alternative movements that will help keep you focused.
5. Plan meals and prioritize nutrition: Maintain a well-balanced diet to support your fitness goals. Plan your meals ahead of time and focus on nourishing, warming foods. Include plenty of lean protein, some fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and healthy fats in your diet.
6. Stay hydrated: It’s essential to stay hydrated even during the winter. Although you may not feel as thirsty as during the hotter months, make a conscious effort to drink enough water throughout the day. Proper hydration supports overall health and can help you maintain energy levels.
7. Find an accountability partner: Book a PT session, enlist a friend, family member, or workout buddy to help you stay accountable to your health and fitness goals. Share your progress, encourage each other, and hold each other responsible for sticking to your routines.
8. Monitor your progress: Keep track of your progress by recording your workouts, measurements. Seeing your improvements over time can be motivating and help you stay disciplined. InBody scans are a great and detailed report of monitoring your health & fitness journey.
9. The most important tip of all …. Maintain a positive mindset: It all starts with YOU! Remember that discipline is a mindset, and staying positive and motivated is crucial. Focus on the benefits of maintaining your health and fitness routine during the winter, such as increased energy levels, improved mood, and a stronger immune system.